- 12 oz bread: about half a loaf
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1 tbst vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Shot dark rum
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz nuts almonds, cashews, or Pistachios
- Clementine Marmalade
- Key Lime Cream
- Layer bread in a buttered roasting pan
- In a saucepot add heavy cream, vanilla extract, salt, butter, and the dark rum
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cool, at around 100 degrees f. Add the eggs and whisk one at a time.
- Once incorporated, ladle the mixture on top of the bread until its absorbed all of it. Add milk if its too thick.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the oven at 350
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle honey and nuts over the bread puddin. Return to the over for 5 minutes.